Top see Carl Crawford has his work cut out for him as his competition includes two Hall-of-Famers in Lloyd Waner and Tony Perez. He will also have to get by Dodger great Ron Cey, Bill North, Carlos Lee, Pat Burrell, and
Billy Shindle. Only the top 4 finishers are guaranteed a slot in Round Three.
Round One S06
Round One S70
Round One S39
Round One S40
Round One S09
Round One S38
Round One S02
Round One S10
Coming down to the last weekend of the season, the top three teams were all in it. In the end Ron Cey outlasted Carl Crawford and the surging Tony Perez to take the pennant. They will be joined in Round Three by Pat Burrell. Despite leading all teams in batting average by a healthy margin, Hall-of-Famer Lloyd Waner failed to qualify. For him, Bill North, Carlos Lee, and Billy Shindle, the road ends here.
- Bill North led all teams with 531 stolen bases.
- Lloyd Waner6 led individual batters with .309.
- Carl Crawford9 led with 18 triples while the Crawford team combined for 126.
- Walter Johnson5 of Pat Burrell had 11 shutouts.
- Tony Perez had 20 hits in a 6-2 victory over Bill North.
- Perfect Game
8/ 9 Walter Johnson1 of Billy Shindle vs. Carlos Lee in 9 innings.