Top seed Vada Pinson is the top seed in the season featuring many modern players (and by modern, I mean guys I saw play!) such as Paul Konerko, Bob Watson, Tim Salmon, Willie Horton, Dick Bartell, Adam Dunn, and Marquis Grissom. You know the drill: top 4 or a .500 record to advance.
Round One S45
Round One S68
Round One S15
Round One S08
Round One S11
Round One S43
Round One S63
Round One S17
|Dick Bartell (18)||66||88||.429||25.0|
Bob Watson came on strong the last month of the season but it was not enough to catch the notoriously underrated Vada Pinson. Power hitters Adam Dunn and Willie Horton round out the top four with Paul Konerko also qualifying due to his plus-.500 record. Sadly, we bid a fond farewell to Tim Salman, Dick Bartel, and Marquis Grissom.
- The had similar season totals but it appears Vada Pinson’s edge in stolen bases was enough to offset Bob Watson’s edge in batting average and home runs.
- Dick Bartell8 had 21 sacrifice hits on the season.
- Tim Salman6 had a 20-game hitting streak.
- Randy Johnson1 and Walter Johnson1, each pitching for Dick Bartell, topped 300 Ks on the season. Randy with 309 and Walter with 305.
- Vada Pinson had 20 hits in a 11-6 victory over Paul Konerko.
- Willie Horton3 had a 3-homer game vs. Paul Konerko.
- No Hitter
8/20 Bob Gibson7 of Willie Horton vs. Marquis Grissom in 9 innings.