Old-time Senator Cecil Travis is in the top seed facing non-ranked invitee Bake McBride, former Expos Hall-of-Famer Andre Dawson and Tim Wallach, plus Dots Miller, slugger Albert Belle, Bob Bescher, and Garret Anderson. A .500 record or top 4 finish is required to move on to Round Three!
Round One S44
Round One S74
Round One S39
Round One S36
Round One S19
Round One S02
Round One S06
Round One S45
Andre Dawson joined the 100 Win Club and took first place in Season 19, outdistancing second-place Albert Belle by 14 games. Bake McBride and Bob Bescher also qualified for Round Three and Tim Wallach just missed. Despite winning nine straight, he lost the last game of the season to finish in fifth place, one victory shy of the .500 mark. Cecil Travis, Garret Anderson, and Dots Miller will also be heading home.
- Bake McBride led all teams with a .257 batting average while the league hit a combined .234.
- Albert Belle clouted 221 home runs and Dawson added 215 of his own. Dawson3 led individuals with 32 round-trippers.
- Bob Bescher led all teams with 579 stolen bases.
- In a 17-7 victory over Andre Dawson, Dots Miller rapped out 22 hits.
- Andre Dawson8 had a 3-homer game.
- Garret Anderson4 had a 7-RBI game.
- Pete Alexander1 led the league with a 27-8 record and 1.83 ERA and had 11 shutouts pitching for the Andre Dawson team.
8/30 0 Pete Alexander1 of Andre Dawson vs. Dots Miller in 9 innings.