It’s “Do Or Die” for top seed Nomar Garciaparra and modern stars David Justice, Robinson Cano, Cecil Fielder, Omar Vizquel, and Tony Phillips as they compete to continue in the playoff with George “High Pockets” Kelly and Duff Cooley. Top four placement or a .500 record to move ahead.
The Pitchers for Round Two can be found here.
Round One S48
George “High Pockets” Kelly
Round One S23
Round One S34
Round One S54
Round One S12
Round One S21
Round One S16
Round One S07
David Justice won by a comfortable 6 games and Nomar Garciaparra went 8-2 down the stretch to pass Cecil Fielder for fourth place. “High Pockets” Kelly and Robinson Cano also move ahead to Round Three.
- Robinson Cano led all teams with a .253 batting average.
- Cecil Fielder not only hit 198 homers to lead the teams but coincidentally finished last in batting average with .198.
- One of the Nomar Garciaparras stroked 15 triples.
- Walter Johnson5 for the George Kelly team had 300 strikeouts on the season.
- The Robinson Cano team had 23 hits in a 9-inning 8-2 victory over the Nomar team.
- D Justice4 struck out 5 times in 5 at-bats in a game vs. Omar Vizquel but he also had a 7 RBI game against Duff Cooley.
- Walter Johnson2 of the Duff Cooley team threw 11 innings of no-hit ball but did not get a decision in the 13 inning game.