Ryan Howard has the top seed for this season and will see what he can do against Bob Fothergill, Hal Chase, Garry Templeton, Lee May, Johnny Moore, Aramis Ramirez, and Hall of Famer Charlie Comiskey. Only the top four finishers are guaranteed to continue on to Round Three.
Round One S21
Round One S29
Round One S59
Round One S56
Round One S50
Round One S02
Round One S03
Round One S26
Despite hitting below the league average, Ryan Howard parlayed a significant number of walks and prodigious power numbers to notch 99 wins and a first-place finish. Lee May was second in HRs and finished second on the season. Garry Templeton and Hal Chase also qualified for Round Three. Although leading the league in batting average, Bob Fothergill failed to advance, as did Johnny Moore, Aramis Ramirez, and Charlie Comiskey.
- Garry Templeton5 had 20 triples on the season.
- There was plenty of power as Lee May9 led with 40 and nineteen-year career other Mays and Howards had 30 or more.
- Garry Templeton4 was 20-0 in stolen base attempts.
- Walter Johnson7 of Ryan Howard had 11 shutouts.
- Randy Johnson, pitching for Aramis Ramirez had 301 strikeouts.
- Charles Comiskey defeated Ryan Howard 4-3 in a 27-inning game that featured 45 hits between them. Howard4 struck out 7 times in 10 at-bats.
- Ryan Howard99 had a 4-home run game.
4/19 Walter Johnson3 of Garry Templeton vs. Aramis Ramirez in 9 innings.