Nineteenth-Century outfielder Curt Welch is the top seed and Ted Simmons is our only Hall-of-Famer in this season, as they take on the Murderer’s Row left fielder (or right fielder if Babe Ruth was in left) Bob Meusel, Ray Durham, Nelson Cruz, Max Bishop, Carl Reynolds, and Arlie Latham. Top four move on to Round Three, bottom four head home.
Round One S33
Round One S65
Round One S58
Round One S75
Round One S62
Round One S15
Round One S46
Round One S50
Nelson Cruz cruised to victory, finishing with 94 wins. He will be joined by Bob Meusel, Ted Simmons, and Carl Reynolds in Round Three as we wave bye-bye to Ray Durham, Curt Welch, Max Bishop, and Arlie Latham.
- Carl Reynolds led all teams with a .240 batting average while the league hit a combined .224. Max Bishop had 917 walks giving him a team On-Base Percentage of .338 vs the league’s .277.
- Nelson Cruz3 led all hitters with 31 home runs.
- The Max Bishop team had a 16-0 victory over the Nelson Cruz team.
- Ted Simmons had 20 hits in a 9-inning, 9-1 victory over Carl Reynolds.
- Walter Johnson1 of the Bob Meusel team tossed a no-hitter against Curt Welch and Bob Gibson6 of the Nelson Cruz team was perfect against the Meusel team.