Tiger old-timer Lu Blue has the top seed in this season and will be facing some tough competition trying to keep their hopes alive in the playoff. Blue had his final big league at-bat for Brooklyn and will be facing a slew of ex-Dodgers/Robins/Bridegrooms: Jim Wynn, Ron Fairly, Davey Lopes, Dave Bancroft, and Tommy Tucker as well as sluggers Jose Canseco and Ron Gant.
Round One S60
Round One S30
Round One S22
Round One S14
Round One S22
Round One S67
Round One S18
Round One S27
Jim Wynn took this season rather easily, finishing 9 games ahead of the pack while Ron Gant ended on an 8 and 2 tear to climb into fourth place, beating out Ron Fairly and Dave Bancroft for a coveted spot in Round Three. Also qualifying were Jose Canseco and Davey Lopes and we also bid farewell to Lu Blue and Tommy Tucker.
- Although failing to qualify, Dave Bancroft led all teams with a .235 batting average while the league only hit a combined .218.
- Jose Canseco led all teams with 266 home runs and Jim Wynn added 238 of his own. Additionally, Jose Canseco99 led all individual batters with 34 HRs and four other Cansecos and two Wynns also topped 30 round-trippers.
- Davey Lopes stole 519 bases as a team.
- Dave Bancroft and Ron Gant engaged in a titanic 27-inning contest that saw Bancroft victorious 1-0.
- In one game, Lu Blue shut out Dave Bancroft 16-0.
- Dave Bancroft6 had an 8-RBI game vs. Jim Wynn.
- There were 3 no-hitters on the season by Randy Johnson5 vs. Lu Blue, Bob Gibson5 vs. Lu Blue, and Walter Johnson2 tossed a perfect game vs. Ron Gant.