Hall-of-Famer Fred Clarke has the number one seed in what should be a tough campaign. Fellow HOF-ers Enos Slaughter, Freddie Lindstrom, and Ernie Banks are joined by some All-Star sluggers in Dolph Camilli, Graig Nettles, Albert Belle, and Dave Kingman. There should be more than a few home runs hit.
Played as: Fred Clarke
Full Name: Fred Clifford Clarke
Played as: Enos Slaughter
Full Name: Enos Bradsher Slaughter
Played as: Dolph Camilli
Full Name: Adolph Louis Camilli
Nicknames: Big Dolph, Methuselah
Played as: Graig Nettles
Full Name: Graig Nettles
Played as: Ernie Banks
Full Name: Ernest Banks
Nicknames: Mr. Cub, Mr. Sunshine
Played as: Albert Belle
Full Name: Albert Jojuan Belle
Nicknames: Joey, Mr. Freeze, Snapper
Played as: Dave Kingman
Full Name: David Arthur Kingman
Nicknames: Kong, Sky King, King Kong
Dolph Camilli led all teams in home runs and took first place by a comfortable 10-game margin. Slaughter, Clarke, and Banks round out the top 4 with Albert Belle also qualifying for Round 5 due to his .500 record. Lindstrom, Kingman, and Nettles will try their luck in Round 4.
- Fred Clarke led all teams in hitting and Clarke5 took the batting title with a .304 average.
- Two Kingmans tied for the league lead with 35 HRs.
- In a September game, Ernie Banks defeated Dave Kingman, 5-3 in 24 innings. Each team benefited from 10 walks, Banks striking out 17 times and Kingman 28. Kingman8 struck out 7 times. Total pitch count for the game was 755! Allie Reynolds4 took the loss despite pitching 10 innings of relief.
- 2 went 28-5 for the Charlie Keller team and notched 320.1 innings.
- Dolph Camilli4 and Dolph Camilli6 had 3-Home Run games.