I am excited to see how this season plays out: it is full of some of my favorite players led by top seed, Frank Robinson. Also included are fellow Hall-of-Famers Tony Lazzeri and Jim Rice, as well as oughta-be-in-Cooperstown, Dave Parker, and a personal favorite, Oscar Gamble. I also expect fireworks from Adrian Gonzalez, Gus Suhr, and Carl Reynolds. Let’s roll!
Played as: Frank Robinson
Full Name: Frank Robinson
Nicknames: The Judge, Pencils, Robby
Played as: Tony Lazzeri
Full Name: Anthony Michael Lazzeri
Nicknames: Poosh ‘Em Up Tony
Played as: Oscar Gamble
Full Name: Oscar Charles Gamble
Nicknames: The Big O, Ratio Man
Played as: Gus Suhr
Full Name: August Richard Suhr
Nicknames: The Ironman of the National League
Played as: Jim Rice
Full Name: James Edward Rice
Nicknames: Jim Ed, The Boston Strongboy
Played as: Carl Reynolds
Full Name: Carl Nettles Reynolds
Frank Robinson dominated the competition, winning the team triple crown while also leading in doubles and stolen bases. He finished 24 games ahead of second-place Dave Parker. Oscar Gamble and Jim Rice were tied for third, just one game back. They head directly to Round 5 while Tony Lazzeri, who finished sixth, had a positive run differential and has a chance after we get to the end of the round. The others get another chance in Round 4.
- Dave Parker4 took the batting title with a .308 average.
- Frank Robinson99 had an exceptional season, leading the league with 41 HRs, 36 doubles, 108 runs scored, and finishing 1 RBI behind Robinson7 with 112 RBIs. He also tied for the league lead with 23 stolen bases. Another Robinson went 21-0 in SB attempts.
- Robinson4 had a 27-game hitting streak.
- Frank Robinson shut out Dave Parker, 16-0.
- In his only game played during the season, Tony Lazzeri0 clouted 4 home runs and suffered an HBP, driving in 8 runs. Lazzeri3 and Oscar Gamble each had 3-HR games.
- 2 went 28-5 for the Charlie Keller team and notched 320.1 innings.
7/15 Cy Young2 of the Dave Parker team vs. Gus Suhr.