Dead ball era star Sherry Magee surprised with 100 wins in Round One and has his work cut out for him if he expects to repeat in this season. Hall-of-Famers Jeff Bagwell, Harry Hooper, and Frank Chance are joined by relative unknown Bob Dillinger and modern stars Willie Wilson, David Justice, and Richie Sexson.
Played as: Sherry Magee
Full Name: Sherwood Robert Magee
Played as: Frank Chance
Full Name: Frank Leroy Chance
Nicknames: Husk, The Peerless Leader
Played as: Bob Dillinger
Full Name: Robert Bernard Dillinger
Played as: Richie Sexson
Full Name: Richmond Lockwood Sexson
Magee did well but fell from the top seed to third place as Jeff Bagwell asserted his power and ability to get on base to claim the top spot for the season. Frank Chance showed he was more than just a mention in a poem, grabbing second place and David Justice rounded out the top four. The others get a second chance in Round 4.
- Sherry Magee was the only batter to reach .300, leading the league with that mark.
- Eight Willie Wilsons had at least 10 triples with Wilson8 leading the pack with 17. He also one of three Wilsons to top 100 stolen bases with 116 SBs.
- Sexson8 took the home run crown with 31.
- Wilson7 had 10 HBP.
- Jeff Bagwell2 and Bagwell4 each had 3-HR games.
- Wilson99 had a 6 SB game.
5/ 1 Ted Lyons6 of the Sherry Magee team vs. Bob Dillinger
6/24 Bucky Walters2 of the Frank Chance team vs. Willie Wilson
Both were Perfect Games!