Hall of Famer Stan “The Man” Musial is joined by fellow Cooperstown inductees, Larry Doby and Luke Appling in Round 3 action. They are joined by 19th-century American Association star, Ed Swartwood, Don Baylor, Augie Galan, Wally Moses, and current star Josh Donaldson. Only the top 4 finishers head directly to Round 5.
Played as: Stan Musial
Full Name: Stanley Frank Musial
Nicknames: Stan the Man, Stashu (Stasiu), Stash, The Donora Greyhound
Played as: Ed Swartwood
Full Name: Cyrus Edward Swartwood
Nicknames: Ned, Swart, Swarty
Played as: Don Baylor
Full Name: Don Edward Baylor
Nicknames: Groove, The Sneak Thief
Played as: Augie Galan
Full Name: August John Galan
Played as: Larry Doby
Full Name: Lawrence Eugene Doby
Played as: Luke Appling
Full Name: Lucius Benjamin Appling
Nicknames: Old Aches and Pains, Luscious Luke
Played as: Josh Donaldson
Full Name: Joshua Adam Donaldson
Nicknames: Bringer of Rain
Played as: Wally Moses
Full Name: Wallace Moses
Nicknames: The Georgia Express
Stan Musial went 7-3 down the stretch to secure first place, edging out Ed Swartwood. Galan and Doby will be joining them in Round 5, while the others head to Round 4 and their last shot at continuing in the tournament.
- Musial90 nearly won the Triple Crown, tying with Musial6 for the league lead with a .338 batting average, and tying with Doby3 for the lead with 29 home runs and finishing 1 RBI behind Musial6 with 103.
- Wally Moses ended the season on a 20 game hitting streak.
- Trevor Hoffman6 pitched in 68 games for Musial, saving 42 of them.
- Musial rapped out 24 hits, defeating Appling, 23-5.
- Doby3, Doby6, and Baylor5 all had 3-HR games. On another occasion, Doby3 also had an 8-RBI game.
No no-hitters but, again, there were 4 one-hitters.