Based on the number of Round One victories, Babe Ruth has the top seed in the season. He will have to get by Hall-of-Famers Bill Terry and Max Carey as well as Dodger great Steve Sax, scion of the Alou Family, Moises Alou, Gary Matthews, Jose Cardenal, and Greg Luzinski. Top four or over .500 automatically advance to Round 5.
Played as: Babe Ruth
George Herman Ruth Jr.
The Sultan of Swat
Jack Dunn‘s Baby
The boys in the press box had a field day!
The Great Bambino, Bam, The Bulby Bambino
The Big Fellow, The Big Bam
The Colossus of Clout, The Colossus of Crash
The King of Crash, The King of Clout, The King of Swing
The Caliph of Clout
The Behemoth of Bust
The Wazir of Wham
The Maharajah of Mash
The Rajah of Rap
The Mammoth of Maul
The Mauling Mastodon, The Mauling Monarch, The Mauling Menace
The Wali of Wallop
The Prince of Powders, The Prince of Pounders
The Terrible Titan, The Titan of Terror
The Kid of Crash
The Sachem of Slug
The Wizard of Whack
Herman the Great
Played as: Bill Terry
William Harold Terry
Played as: Max Carey
Maximillian George Canarius / Max George Carey
Played as: Steve Sax
Stephen Louis Sax
Played as: Moises Alou
Moises Rojas Alou
Played as: Gary Matthews
Gary Nathaniel Matthews
Played as: Jose Cardenal
Jose Rosario Domec Cardenal
Jonronero (Spanish for home-run hitter)
Played as: Greg Luzinski
Gregory Michael Luzinski
Babe Ruth followed up his 130 wins in Round One with an additional 135 here in Round 3, crushing the competition. Second place Bill Terry had 97 victories of his own but still finished 38 games back and last place Steve Sax, who did not win a game vs. Ruth, was 93 games out of first place. Moises Alou and Greg Luzinski tied for fourth. The bottom four finishers will get a second chance in Round 4.
- Babe Ruth91 led all individual batters with a .338 average and the Ruth team led with .296. Ruth91 also had 205 hits and won the Triple Crown with 74 home runs and 172 RBI.
- Babe Ruth8 165 runs and nine Ruths had at least 125.
- Five different Ruths topped 100 walks with Ruth3 garnering 125.
- Max Carey3 stole 127 bases and the Carey team stole 958, easily leading the league, despite not qualifying.
- Pedro Martinez, pitching for the Ruth team, went 34-0 and Bucky Walters added 31 wins of his own. Cy Young and Ted Lyons contributed 29 wins each. It’s a lot easier to win when your team is averaging 8 runs per game!
- Cy Young7 lost 30 games for Steve Sax.
- Babe Ruth defeated Moises Alou 24-10.
- Babe Ruth91 had 4 3-homer games. In fact there were 15 3-HR games, all by Ruths.
- Babe Ruth had 9 RBI in a game vs. Steve Sax.
- Max Carey5 had a 6-SB game vs. Gary Matthews.