Mickey Tettleton is the top seed and he faces, among others, fellow tiger and Hall-of-Famer Charlie Gehringer in the quest to advance to Round Three. They will also compete against Johnny Frederick, Tony Womack, Greg Vaughn, Jeromy Burnitz, HOF-er Travis Jackson, and Hugh Nicol. Top 4 move on, the others move home.
Round One S25
Round One S01
Round One 09
Round One S28
Round One S42
Round One S30
Round One S67
Round One S56
Charlie Gehringer made it clear that his Round One performance was a fluke, crushing all competitors and compiling 106 victories and leading by 25 games by season’s end. Johnny Frederick, Travis Jackson, and Mickey Tettleton also qualified for Round Three. Sadly, we must say “Au revoir” to the rest.
- Despite finishing last, Hugh Nicol led in stolen bases with 538.
- Charlie Gehringer out-hit the league by 54 points.
- Charlie Gehringer99 led all individual batters with a .324 average and 197 hits.
- Tony Womack had 19 triples on the season.
- Jeromy Burnitz led with 30 HRs.
- Jeromy Burnitz7 and Jeromy Burnitz8 each had 3-homer games.
- Randy Johnson, pitching for Charlie Gehringer struck out 20 Mickey Tettletons. On another occasion, he struck out 19!
4/16 0 Randy Johnson7 of TRJ vs. GRV in 9 innings
5/13 0 Randy Johnson7 of TRJ vs. GRV in 9 innings
That’s right, Randy Johnson7 no-hit Greg Vaughn twice in the space of one month.